Stud is looking for a student that is able to work in the WaterLab. Do you have a background in civil engineering and are you interested in working at the Waterlab? Read on!
You will need to collect samples from the Botlek. Next you will bring the samples by car to the WaterLab. Here you will analyse the samples with the different machines present at the waterlab.
- Presenting in Botlek around 9:00 - 10:00 in the morning on Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays/Fridays
- Receiving the samples from the previous day
- Checking the status of all samples and filling out a check-list. (all samples are presented and no damage)
- Transferring samples to water-lab
- Dividing samples to 4 - 5 portions for storage and different analysis
- pH, EC and Bicarbonate measurements
- Handout the samples to person responsible for dilution /or/ dilute the samples themselves based on 3-5 dilution factor
- Handout the diluted samples to technicians for IC/ICPMS/TOC measurements.
Responsibilities writen in Italic , will depend on your affinity to lab work and/or your willingness to learn
- 4 hours a day for 8 weeks
- It is possible to work with multiple students so that you will not have to work every day.
- Experience with analyzing samples in different machines in the WaterLab
- In possession of a driving license
- Eager to learn and work hard
- Pro: having your own car (not necessary)