Full Stack Developer!
This company is a startup consisting of enthusiastic engineers and scientists putting their heart into developing software to achieve full autonomous shipping. Their office and test-area is located in the busiest port of Europe, Rotterdam.
This company has been paving the way for ship-autonomy since 2017. From the start of their journey until now they have achieved many milestones. Last year they demonstrated remote-control on a Watertaxi and showed autonomous operations on the Borkum (one of their test vessels).
To further their current goals we need your help! They’re on the precipice of incorporating our perception stack and they need you to, among other things, further develop our cloud platform to manage and visualize their services and ship data which will enable them to get to the next stage in their journey.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing and implementing a user interface for management and visualization of ship fleets, their sensors and our implemented autonomy data.
- Develop a backend web-server and database solution to support our cloud infrastructure.
- Setup continuous integration solutions.
- Build a platform that is intuitive to use and new features that are easy to learn.
- Work closely with machine learning engineers to enable R&D efforts and improve existing systems.
- Drive best practices in our React, NodeJS stack.
Preferred (and not mandatory) skills:
- Knowledge and ability to work with Kubernetes
- Experienced with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Python development and data science
Flexible hours with a minimum of 16 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent real world experience
- Experience developing React frontend applications
- Experience working with NodeJS
- Capability to design and create user interfaces including graphical elements and CSS implementations
- Ability to work with SQL databases
- Ability to communicate English professionally